sábado, 29 de marzo de 2014

Unit 5: Life in the Future

Unit Purpose

The purpose of this unit is to enable students to make predictions about their life in the future.

Social Practice: Establishing and maintaining social contacts

5.1. Making predictions about the future

Sample productions: (When I fi nish secondary/Next year/...) I will/won’t go to high school/learn French/...; He/She will/won’t study medicine/be a famous musician/…; Will you get married/travel/…?; Yes, I will; No, I won’t; What will your town/the weather/... be like in 20 years time/in 2025/...? It will be a big city/very hot/...

5.2. Expressing degrees of certainty and doubt

Sample productions: I’m defi nitely/probably (not) going to go to university/live with my parents/…; Maybe/Perhaps he/she will/won’t have children/be famous/…; I’m sure/certain (that) they are (not) going to have their own business/live in another country/…; I (don’t) think/believe (that) you will/won’t get married soon/be an engineer/..; I (don’t) think/believe (that) they are (not) going to be rich/go to Europe/…


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario